Comment on page
This example demonstrates how to use this Transformation to amend the pump data attributes as follows:
- Rename 'ReadingNo' to 'ReadingId'
- Rename 'PumpId' to 'AssetId' and move it to the first position
- Remove 'ToRemove'
- Reorder 'Timestamp' from the end to before the temperature and flow rate
Drag the Alter Attribute Agent onto the canvas, link the input endpoint to the pump data, and the output to the printer. Rename the Agent and save the Data Stream.
Select the Agent and click Configure. Keep the default Collection.
The grid is pre-filled with the incoming event attributes. In this case, we will alter them as follows:
- ReadingNo: Set the alias to ReadingId
- PumpId: Set the alias to AssetId, and order to 5
- ToRemove: Tick exclude
- Timestamp: Set the order to 25
Apply the changes, save the Data Stream and publish it.
Let's look at the Live Data View. Observe that the columns have been amended as follows:
- 'ReadingNo' is renamed to 'ReadingId'
- 'PumpId' is renamed to 'AssetId' and moved to the first position
- 'ToRemove' is removed
- 'Timestamp' is reordered from the end to before the temperature and flow rate