The Calculated Field Transformation enables a user to create new column values by applying expressions, the result of which can be a newly defined column or it can replace the value in an existing one.
For example, the Agent could convert a temperature attribute on the incoming payload from Celsius to Fahrenheit - and either replace the temperature value or add a new attribute to the outgoing payload.
Statements can be written using a subset of the C# syntax. Refer to the example section for sample expressions and supported operations.
None at this time
Not every C# syntax is supported. Here are some examples of NOT supported features:
- Multiline expressions
- for/foreach/while/do operators
- Array/list/dictionary initialization
- Explicit generic invocation (like
- Lambda/delegate declaration (delegate and lamda are only supported as variables or parameters or as a return type of the expression)
- Array/list/dictionary element assignment (set indexer operator)
- Other operations on
dynamicobjects (only property, method invocation, and index now are supported)