The Event Simulator Listener is used to simulate a constant flow of random data.
You would use this agent when testing or developing a data stream - until accurate data from a more specialized source is required.
Please consider your needs carefully when choosing between the CSV Listener and the Event Simulator.
- It is faster to set up than a CSV Reader if you do not already have a CSV file with the data you require.
- It can generate a random value rather than a fixed value per record
- It can send an unlimited number of records.
- The time interval between record batches is set to one second and cannot be changed.
- You are not able to send a variety of values for any type other than Double.
None at this time